April 1-2, 2017
10:00am – 5:00pm
- Adults: $10
- Teens: $5
- Kids are free
Both days of the Festival are filled with music, dancing, food, lectures, demonstration, vendors and activities for young and old alike. The Viking Encampment and Sami Village will once again be present. Some examples of family activities:
- Head wreaths: Make a head wreath with real flowers and ribbon! Good for all ages and boys and girls, men and women alike.
- Maypole: We will raise the Maypole and dance around it while singing traditional songs.
- Kubb: Come learn the ancient game of the Vikings. It’s a bit like horseshoes, but without horseshoes or the stake.
- Croquet: Try your hand at hitting the balls through our Dala Horse hoops.
- Festival Stage: Music, singing and dancing will change hourly. On Saturday at 10:30 the Festival will open with a colorful parade of flags, along with dignitaries from the Scandinavian countries. Many will be in Old World costumes.
- Food Court: In the food court, you will find a variety of Scandinavian foods such as Swedish Meatballs, Aebleskivers, Swedish Pancakes, Lefse, Danish Pastries, and more.
- Craft and Food Demonstrations: Ever wondered how to make Krumkake or tried making bobbin lace? Demonstrations will take place on both days.
This event is sponsored by the Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation with support from California Lutheran University. For more information about the Scandinavian Festival, please e-mail email@example.com