With our family-oriented facility, we have taken a significant step toward the goal of becoming a major museum-library- activity complex. Valuable and cataloged Scandinavian and Scandinavian-American books and documents comprise our growing library. A museum reflecting our Scandinavian heritage is a vital part of our Center.
- Learn from our array of Scandinavian-related books, references, oral histories and displays.
- Participate in classes, activities and special events.
- Enjoy displays from past and present.
- Get help searching for your roots with assistance from our genealogist, our varied Nordic references and our Internat access.
- Host meetings in a Scandinavian milieu.
Located in Thousand Oaks, California, adjacent to the California Lutheran University campus, it benefits from strong Scandinavian ties held by the university and shares university facilities and programming for the Scandinavian community.
The Scandinavian American Cultural Center and Historical Foundation (which operates the Scandinavian Center) and CLU have a long history of quality Scandinavian programming.
- Annual Nordic Spirit Symposium, a prestigious two-day lecture-performance program for the public on diverse subjects.
- The largest Scandinavian Festival in the southwest, ongoing for more than 30 years.
- Lectures and musical performances.